Investing In Health is an NHS Forth Valley grants programme open to NHS Forth Valley wards, departments & services, not for profit organisations and registered charities. There are two different categories of grant:
- Small Grants
- Large Grants
Small Grants are funded from general donations and Large Grants are funded from legacy donations and windfall receipts. Due to a reduction in the level of legacy donations we are NOT currently considering Large Grant applications, however, the Small Grants programme is still open.
What is Investing In Health trying to achieve?
The objectives of Investing In Health are:
- To introduce a strategic approach to the allocation of charitable funds.
- Create a clear link between charitable activities undertaken within NHS Forth Valley and healthcare targets/board priorities.
- Ensure that charitable activities have an impact upon patients which is positive, meaningful and measurable.
- Enable Charity Trustees to take informed decisions on the allocation of charitable funds.
- Encourage greater participation by external agencies in the design and delivery of charitable activities within NHS Forth Valley.
- Make best use of funds and maximise the benefits to patients.
- Secure additional resources beyond those currently available.
- Increase the profile of ‘Forth Valley Giving’ in the wider community.
What kind of projects are supported?
Investing In Health supports charitable activities and services which improve the overall patient experience with a focus on reducing health inequalities amongst priority and vulnerable groups.
Who can apply?
Investing In Health is open to NHS Forth Valley applications and external organisations which are ‘not for profit’ and/or registered charities. External organisations which apply for grant funding must provide an element of matched funding to the overall project costs.
How much can you apply for?
The Small Grants Programme receives £25,000 of funding per year and accepts individual bids up to a maximum of £5,000.
How do you apply?
Application forms and guidance notes are available for download below:
Completed application forms should be sent to:
Mr. Garry Wells
Treasury Services Manager
Falkirk Community Hospital
Phone: 01324 678 548
Who decides each grant application?
The Trustees of the NHS Forth Valley Endowment Committee.
Can I have an informal discussion re a grant application?
If you wish to discuss a small grants application you should contact Garry Wells on 01324 678 548.