Women and Children Services will provide care for women and children, in a safe and effective way, which avoids where possible unnecessary hospital visits and admissions.
The majority of services, including all inpatient services, are based in the Women’s and Children Unit at Forth Valley Royal Hospital in Larbert. These include a children’s ward and paediatric clinics, neonatal unit, women’s outpatient clinics and investigations, women’s day care unit, gynaecology services and labour suite.
However midwifery and children’s outpatient’s services are also held at Stirling Community Hospital as well as in a number of other community locations across Forth Valley.
All women are offered an opportunity to book a first appointment with a midwife, who will help them plan their pregnancy care. Women should arrange an appointment with a midwife as early as possible after learning of the pregnancy. Find out what you need to do.
Maternity Information Videos
Informative and instructional videos to help along your journey, antenatal and postnatal.
Labour Suite Virtual Tour
Our virtual tour of the labour suite gives pregnant women the chance to see inside one of the new maternity en-suite delivery rooms and a delivery room with a birthing pool.
Ready Steady Baby! Mobile App
Ready Steady Baby! is now available as a free smartphone app so it’s even easier for you and your partner to find out about pregnancy, birth and early parenthood from the NHS.
This purpose built app, allows you to:
- keep track of where you are in your pregnancy and how your baby is developing
- locate services by distance from your postcode
- receive timely notifications about your pregnancy journey
- utilise handy check-lists to keep track of what you need to pack for hospital or buy for the new arrival.
The app is available through your device’s app store.
For more information on health during pregnancy please look at the following links:
- Ready Steady Baby!– a mobile app and online guide to pregnancy, birth and early parenthood by NHS Health Scotland
- Take Life On – Simple steps to a healthier lifestyle from the Scottish Government
- Patient.co.uk – advice for women who are planning to become pregnant
- Maternal, Infant and Early Years Nutrition
- Useful Contact Numbers