Book a Course
Following discussion with your manager please book training from LearnPro training events homepage, events section.
Basic Life Support & Automated External Defibrillator Training
In NHS Forth Valley BLS and AED training is the minimum level for REGISTERED healthcare staff, but is suitable for all NON REGISTERED and NON CLINICAL staff. Appropriate staff to attend these courses could therefore include:
- Nurses (who do not work in acute areas)
- Occupational Therapists
- Health Care Support Workers
- Physio assistants
- OT assistants
- Out of hours drivers
- Security Officers
- Kitchen Staff
- Domestic Staff
- Records Staff
The aim of BLS and AED training is to provide staff with the knowledge and skill to:
- Help an unconscious adult who IS breathing normally
- Help an unconscious adult who is NOT breathing normally
- Safely use an AED while providing life support
- Help a conscious adult who is choking
The BLS and AED training will be in 2 parts:
- Part 1 of BLS and AED training will require staff to complete an online module via the “Learn Pro” eLearning platform. On successful completion of the assessment part of the module, staff will be able to book themselves onto part 2 of the training.The module is listed under the “Role Specific Mandatory Modules” section of Learn Pro and can be accessed via the following link: BLS and AED Training Module.
- Part 2 of the BLS and AED training will require staff to take part in a practical BLS and AED session supervised by a Resuscitation Trainer. Shortly after successful attendance and completion, the BLS + AED certificate will be available to download from your learnpro homepage. This is valid for 1 year, on completion of PARTS 1 and 2.