Book a Course
Following discussion with your manager please book training from LearnPro training events homepage, events section.
Paediatric Basic Life Support Training
In NHS Forth Valley PBLS training is aimed at healthcare staff who have frequent contact with patients who are children. Appropriate staff to attend these courses could therefore include:
- Occupational Therapists
- Health Care Support Workers
- Physio assistants
- OT assistants
- Out of hours drivers
The aim of PBLS training is to provide staff with the knowledge and skill to:
- Help an unconscious child who IS breathing normally
- Help an unconscious child who is NOT breathing normally
- Help a conscious child who is choking
The PBLS training will be in 2 parts:
- Part 1 of PBLS training will require staff to complete an online module via the “Learn Pro” eLearning platform. On successful completion of the assessment part of the module, staff will be able to book themselves on part 2 of the training. The module is listed under the “Role Specific Mandatory Modules” section of Learn Pro and can be accessed via the following link: PBLS Training Module.
- Part 2 of the PBLS training will require staff to take part in a practical PBLS session supervised by a Resuscitation Officer or Cascade Trainer. Shortly after successful attendance and completion of the training, your certificate will be available to download via your learnpro certificates section. The certificate will be valid for 1 year following completion of both parts of the training.