The Role of Health Promotion Services
NHS Forth Valley Health Promotion Services works with NHS colleagues, local authority, community and voluntary sector partners to address priorities such as the Health Challenge and local Joint Health Improvement Plans.
Our key aims are:
- To work to reduce avoidable and systematic inequalities in health
- To influence and develop policy and structures that help create healthy social and physical environments
- To develop educational programmes to enable individuals, communities and organisations to make informed decisions and undertake actions for health.
- To disseminate innovative and effective approaches to promoting health
Our health promotion programmes, including this year’s priority areas, are delivered through specialist topic and settings teams.
Health Promotion Officers
The role of the officers is to help you by:-
- Developing strategies and policies
- Planning and delivering programmes and initiatives
- Undertaking research, evaluation and health needs assessment
- Providing training
- Providing advice and consultancy
Health Improvement Resource Service (HIRS)
The Health Improvement Resource Service (HIRS) provides Service staff and other health promoters throughout the NHS Forth Valley area, with access to an extensive range of health promotion resources and other information materials. We also have a library with facilities for visiting clients to preview resources and access electronic sources of health information. HIRS library staff can also help you find the information and resources you require.
Look ‘n’ Book sessions times for visitors are
- Tuesday afternoons 1:30 – 4:30 pm
- Wednesday mornings 9:30 – 12:30 pm
- Thursday mornings 9:30 0 – 12:30 pm
In liaison with our partners, HIRS also provides design services for the production of publications, leaflets, posters and survey questionnaires.
Stirling Health Promotion Service
Address: Central Stores Department, Unit 2, Colquhourn Street, Stirling, FK7 7PX
Business Hours: Monday – Thursday: 8.30 am – 5.00 pm & Friday 8.30 am – 4 pm
When you visit us: Please note there is no reception at Central Stores. At the front entrance please dial the extension number for the Library located on the door or the person you wish to visit. Car parking may be available at the front or rear of the building.
Falkirk Health Promotion Service
Address: Address: Health Promotion Service, NHS Forth Valley, Falkirk Community Hospital, Administration Services Building, Westburn Avenue, Falkirk, FK1 5SU
Business Hours: Monday – Thursday: 8.30 am – 5.00 pm Friday: 8.30 am – 4.00 pm