Below are details of some resources that are specifically aimed at health professionals working with parents and carers.
For more information or to dowload information leaflets visit Nutrition Resources for Parents and Carers
Maternal and Infant Resource Leaflet
- Maternal and Infant Nutrition and Oral Health Resources -This leaflet highlights key resources available from NHS Forth Valley to support positive nutrition and oral health messages.
Visit feedgood.scot a brand new mobile friendly website for parents and health professional to find all the information they need about breastfeeding and other feeding options. From step-by-step ‘how to’ guides and experiences of real mums, to video clips and pictures to help with feeding.
- National Breastfeeding Helpline – 0300 100 0212
Useful Resources and Further Learning
- Healthy Start – Resources for Health Professionals Some resources are available in different languages.
- Improving Wellbeing Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014 – This e-resource has been developed by NES following commissioning by the Scottish Government for all NHS staff (in clinical and non clinical roles) throughout Scotland.
- Guide To Weaning – Toolkit Portable weaning resource for staff involved in educating and supporting parent/carers.
- Getting Started -Recipe Booklet for family and baby A pictorial recipe guide detailing how to prepare family meals which are adaptable for weaning.
- Healthy Happy Kids – This series of NHS Health Scotland publications for the public and health professionals tackles the issue of child healthy weight.
- Make & Taste For Tiny Tums – Booklet Quick and easy, no cook snacks and recipes for parents and carers to make with their children. For staff working with parents and carers there is a Make and Taste Toolkit
- Perfect Portions for Toddler Tums – Downloadable resources for Health Professionals working with toddlers.
- Ten Tantalising Tastes For Tiny Tums This resource contains a number of quick and easy, non-cook recipes that can be used as food activities with small groups of children.
- Vitamin D – Professional Leaflet – Available from HIRS Library – Code: PAE 05/L.
- Early Years Information Pathway – Health professionals guide through the national information resources available to support effective communication with parents and improve maternal and child health outcomes.
- Getting it right for every child (GIRFEC) – Scottish Government.
- Setting the table – Nutritional guidance and food standards for early years childcare providers in Scotland – This guidance has been developed to help Early Years childcare providers to meet the Scottish Government National Care Standards: Early Education and Childcare up to the age of 16 (2009).
- Cel 36 (2008) Chief Executive Letter 36 – Nutrition of Women of child bearing age, pregnant women and children under five in disadvantaged areas – Funding Allocation 2008 – 2011
- Complimentary Feeding (Weaning) – introduction of Solid Food to an Infants Diet (2013) – British Dietetic Association Weaning Policy Statement.
- Infant Milks in the UK – A practical Guide for Health Professionals
- Specialised infant formula in the UK – Additional Information for Health professionals Draft March 2013
- PH11 Maternal and Child Nutrition – March 2008 – NICE Guidance.