Sign up to walk 500 miles by the end of November 2016
Would you like to be more active? If you answered YES our walking challenge is open to everyone living and working in Forth Valley.
Walking is good for you
- Regular walking has been shown to reduce the risk of chronic illnesses, such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, asthma, stroke and some cancers
- Walking can improve mood and reduce stress and anxiety.
- Regular walking improves sleep patterns.
- Spending time in the outdoors and in contact with the natural environment – for example by walking in parks, woodland and green spaces – can have a positive effect on mental health.
- Feeling fitter and controlling weight helps improve your body image and confidence.
Record your steps using a pedometer, activity tracker or download an app such as Medal Routes.
- 2,000 steps = 1 mile
- 1,000,000 steps = 500 miles
To register all you have to do is fill out the form below to take part.