Please note that we only provide this audio-visual resources booking service to health promoters working or residing in the NHS Forth Valley area.
The HIRS Library holds a large range of audio-visual resources in various formats, covering a wide range of health improvement topics. These are loaned to health promoters working with others, without charge for periods of up to 3 weeks, depending on availability.
If you wish to borrow Audio-Visual resources, please register with us first, as outlined in Step 1 below.
Step 1 – Register
If you do health improvement work in the NHS Forth Valley area (i.e. Clackmannanshire, Falkirk or Stirling council areas) and wish to order leaflets and posters from the HIRS Library, then please register with us first as an ‘individual’.
Complete, sign and return a registration pack which also includes the associated ‘Occupations & Organisations List’ and ‘New Terms & Conditions’.
Please note that we need to receive the original form with your signature (i.e. a copy or fax version is not acceptable).
Once we have processed your form, we will send you a copy of the agreement for future reference, along with your new Shelcat* Library Card, User Barcode and Password.
Step 2 – Search our Online Catalogue and Order Leaflets and Posters via Shelcat
Go to the Shelcat website and Login using your User Barcode and Password. To get you started, refer to the ‘Shelcat Quick-Start Guide’ (see link on left) and online Help to learn how to search Shelcat.
Once you have searched Shelcat and selected the Leaflet(s) and Poster(s) you wish to order, follow the Quick-Start Guide to place your order via Shelcat.
Alternative Methods of Placing a Resources Booking
Once you have searched Shelcat and know which Audio-Visual resources you wish to book, booking requests may also be made by:
- Using either of the Online or Printable forms on the left, complete details, and send to us.
- Personal visit – visit the HIRS Library to browse and preview resources and discuss your audio-visual resource needs with staff.
- Phone – 01786 454589 which allows us to discuss any issues about dates with you.
- Email to FV-UHB.HIRSfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax – 01786 451156
- Letter – full address details may be seen on the HIRS Contacts page.
- Please check the van delivery and collection options below.
General Ordering Notes
- Teaching packs, videos, books, models etc. can be booked out for up to 3-weeks. Some item bookings may be extended on request. As certain resource items are very popular, we recommend that Users book their resource requirements in good time to avoid disappointment.
- Online booking requests via the HIRS Online Booking Form will come to us as an email addressed to the HIRS team.
- Printable Forms will launch the Adobe Reader program from which you can print the form. Fax and mailing address details are also on the form.
- If you don’t have the free Adobe Reader on your PC, click the icon opposite to download the latest version.
Collection and Return of Resources
- All Audio-Visual resources must be collected from and returned to the HIRS Library at Stirling Community Hospital unless otherwise agreed in advance by a member of HIRS staff.