Why is equality data monitoring and profiling important and how will we use this information?
We need information about our services, our service users and our staff to see whether or not we are offering high quality services which ensure that the local population have better health, live longer and can access our services more easily than the national or regional data suggests. This is why we ‘monitor’ and collect information where possible about people’s age, disability, ethnicity, gender (sex), gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Monitoring is anonymous and non patient identifiable but does give credibility and integrity to our data and it is the basic foundation for evaluating the extent of diversity. The results of equality monitoring can inform the effective use of resources, improve competitiveness by attracting and retaining staff, and enhance service delivery by ensuring that barriers to services are removed.
Equality data can also be used to monitor the effects of policies, practices and activities on staff and services from all equality groups and identify where there may be an adverse effect on particular groups.
If you have or are likely to have, regular contact with services in NHS Forth Valley, then linking your personal equality and diversity information to your name can improve the support you receive. This is called ‘your equality profile’.
This allows us to meet your diverse needs allows us to deliver Person Centred Care.
The enclosed booklet explains any questions you may have. It has also been translated into a range of languages.
- Equality and Diversity Data Monitoring
- Equality and Diversity Data Monitoring – Cantonese
- Equality and Diversity Data Monitoring – Hungarian
- Equality and Diversity Data Monitoring – Lithuanian
- Equality and Diversity Data Monitoring – Mandarin
- Equality and Diversity Data Monitoring – Polish
- Equality and Diversity Data Monitoring – Punjabi
- Equality and Diversity Data Monitoring – Russian
- Equality and Diversity Data Monitoring – Urdu