Covid-19 Response – Community Grants
NHS Forth Valley’s Health Promotion department has set up a new community grants scheme to help local organisations and community groups across Forth Valley improve mental health and wellbeing and reduce health inequalities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
To apply please read the flyer and guidance notes and complete the online application form at the bottom of this page. For advice on how to complete the application form or to ask if your activity meets the criteria please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be considered from organisations across Forth Valley which support and connect communities to respond to COVID-19. Applications must address one or preferably both of the Health Promotion Service priorities – Health Inequalities and Mental Health and Wellbeing.
Further information on these can be found via the links below:
How much money can be applied for?
There are limited funds available and funding will be spread amongst many groups across the Forth Valley area so please be realistic about what you need. Funding decisions will be made by the Health Promotion Service.
- Grants can be applied for up to £500
- To apply for a grant, groups must have a bank account in the name of the group with two signatories on all payments
Support may be available for the activity when funding has been agreed. Payment will be made by B.A.C.S. to an organisation back account and cannot be paid to a personal bank account. Successful applicants will be required to submit an invoice on your organisation’s headed paper. Financial records must be kept detailing all expenditure and you may be asked to provide receipts.
Grants of up to £500 are available to support organisations to do one or all of the following:
- Deliver a range of health and wellbeing activities in response to COVID-19 that help improve mental health and wellbeing and/or reduce health inequalities
- Pilot new ideas and initiatives or adapt previous mental health and wellbeing activities
- Provide training and development for employees, volunteers or clients which direct relates to the work that funding is being sought for
- Purchase equipment which directly relates to the work that funding is being sought for
Please note that the grant CANNOT be used for:
- The sole benefit of one individual.
- Activities promoting religious or political beliefs.
- Private companies or individuals.
- Personal Protective Equipment (that should be provided as a statutory requirement).
- Purchasing food for an event, unless it is tied directly to a health improvement activity. Please contact us to discuss.
Organisations/groups who are limited companies with charitable status must also meet the following criteria:
- An up-to-date governing document with an asset lock
- Non-distribution of profit clause
- A verifiable company number
- A verifiable charity number
- A bank account in the company name with two unrelated signatories
The company must not:
- Arrange remuneration for trustees, committee members or directors
The Health Promotion Service will consider applications every 2 weeks. Applicants will be informed of the outcome promptly.
A member of the grants team will support you to review your activity and showcase what you have done.
In any publicity associated with the project, the support of NHS Forth Valley, Health Promotion Service must be acknowledged.
Data Protection Act 2018
The information you provide on the grant form shall be kept in a secure, electronic filing system and not shared with any other parties. We may use the information for anonymised statistical data reporting.
Find out more information on what activities have been funded previously by viewing our case studies here.
- Download a copy of the Application form or complete the online form below.
Note: You may wish to gather your information on a document prior to completing the online form as no save option is available.