- All medicines & equipment should be carried in your hand luggage, if possible, split between separate bags.
- You will need a travel letter to allow you to pass through security with your diabetes medications.
- If you are using a Libre Sensor you will need a letter which explains why you cannot pass through X-ray machine.
- Take twice the amount of tablets, insulin, pens, syringes and needles as you think you will use and carry it all in hand luggage. You will need a doctor’s letter to take needles, liquid insulin and testing equipment through airport security.
- Carry diabetes identification with you.
- Take a sharps container for disposing of needles etc.
- Take hypo treatment and additional snacks.
Please contact the Diabetes Team if you require a letter to travel
Click here for a downloadable checklist