The service is based at the Falkirk Community Hospital with sub-bases at Stirling Health & Care Village and Clackmannanshire Community Healthcare Centre and Number 2 The Bungalows, Larbert. Clinics are also provided at a number of health centres and other locations throughout Forth Valley.
Falkirk Community Hospital
Major’s Loan, Falkirk, FK1 5QE
Phone: 01324 614347
Fax: 01324 614350
Stirling Health & Care Village
Livilands, Stirling, FK8 2AU
Phone: 01786 434499
Number 2 The Bungalows, Stirling Road , Larbert, FK5 4SD
Phone: 01324 574321
Other Source of Help
- Stress Control – a course to learn skills to cope with stress. Call 01259 215048 for more information.
- NHS 24 Living Life – telephone based cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT). Available free on 0800 328 9655.
- Beating the Blues – an interactive computer based CBT programme – if you would like more information , contact us on 01324 614363.
- Signpost – offers a range of supports around alcohol / drug problems. Contact us on 0845 673 1774 or http://signpostrecovery.org.uk/.
- Relationships Scotland – 01324 670067.
- Counselling and Support for Alcohol and Drugs – 01324 874969.
- Falkirk and District Association for Mental Health (FDAMH) – 01324 671600 or http://www.fdamh.org.uk.
- NHS 24 – 111 or http://www.nhs24.com.
- Breathing Space – 0800 838 587. 6pm -2am Monday to Thursday, 24 hours per day Friday to Monday am or http://breathingspace.scot/.
- Samaritans – 116 123- 24 hours, 7 days or http://www.samaritans.org/.
Head of Service
Dr Jennifer Borthwick
Head of Adult Mental Health Psychology
Dr Sally Rankine
Head of Learning Disability Psychology
Dr Sharon Horne-Jenkins
Head of Substance Misuse Psychology
Dr Zoe Stanley
Head of Clinical Health Psychology
Dr Susie Porteous
Head of Speciality for Older People
Dr Vicky Thurlby
Lead Nurse- Psychological Therapies
Head of Forensic Psychology
Dr Heather Laithwaite
Referrals can be made directly by GPs, hospital consultants and members of community mental health teams. Referrals from the Falkirk local authority area should be made to the Falkirk Community Hospital, Major’s Loan, Falkirk, FK1 5QE and referrals from the Stirling and Clackmannanshire areas directed to Stirling Health & Care Village.
Referrals for people with a learning disability may be made by GPs and members of community learning disability teams direct to the Learning Disability Clinical Psychology Service, Falkirk Community Hospital, Major’s Loan, Falkirk, FK1 5QE, which serves both hospital and community patients.