We have various short videos on the Forth Valley YouTube channel developed by the Diabetes Team to help you manage your diabetes.
Please see the topics below and click on the links to view the video
- Managing activity and exercise with type 1 diabetes
What it covers: this video explains how to manage your insulin doses and blood sugar levels safely when exercising. Download our leaflet on managing activity and exercise with insulin.
- A refresher to Carbohydrate counting
What it covers: this video is for people who have previously carbohydrate counted and have an insulin to carbohydrate ratio. If you do not have an insulin to carb ratio and are interested in carbohydrate counting, please get in touch with the Diabetes Dietitians to discuss our online course. For written information download our workbook.
- Lipohypertrophy and injection sites
What it covers: this video covers injection sites, what lipo’s are and how to feel them
- Getting your correction factor right
What it covers: if you use a correction factor to manage your blood sugar levels the video explains how to check if your correction factor is right
- Foot care during lockdown
What it covers: as the usual foot screening isn’t running at present, this video takes you through what to look out for and how to keep your feet healthy
- Checking your insulin to carb ratio
What it covers: if you use an insulin to carb ratio the video covers how to check it is correct and how to change it
- Treating Hypos appropriately
What it covers: the correct hypo treatment and times for taking hypo treatments
- Checking background/basal insulin
What it covers: how to check your background long acting insulin is correct and keeping your blood sugars stable
- Avoiding overnight hypos
What it covers: how to avoid hypo’s overnight by adjusting your insulin
- Getting the morning blood glucose on target
What it covers: how to get your morning fasting blood glucose levels in target
- Type 2 diabetes – videos on Type 2 diabetes explained, I have Type 2 diabetes – what can I do? And carbohydrate awareness
What it covers: these videos explain the diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes and the dietary and lifestyle changes you can make. For more information on Type 2 diabetes, please see our website section