- All medicines and equipment should be carried in your hand luggage, if possible, split between separate bags
- Take twice the amount of tablets, insulin, pens, syringes and needles
- You will need a travel letter to allow you to pass through security with your diabetes medications and to be exempt from passing though the X-ray machines with a Libre sensor
- Carry diabetes identification with you
- Take a sharps container to dispose of needles
- Make sure to have hypo treatment and additional snacks
- Diabetes UK travel information sheet
Please contact the Diabetes Team to get a letter to travel.