Flu Vaccination programme
The flu vaccination programme in Scotland runs from October 2020 until March 2021.
Most people in the higher risk groups have now been vaccinated as part of phase one of the Flu vaccination programme. This includes primary school children, children aged 2 to 5, anyone aged 65 and over, anyone with an eligible health condition, pregnant women and healthcare workers.
Moving into phase two, those aged 60 to 64 are now able to get vaccinated as well as anyone from the higher risk groups mentioned above who were unable to attend their appointment in phase one for any reason, and households of people previously shielding from COVID-19.
Arrangements for the 50 to 59 age group are still being discussed at national level.
If you are in one of high risk groups listed above and were not able to attend a vaccination session during phase one – please contact NHS Forth Valley’s flu helpline on 0800 130 3120 (8.30am – 4.30pm Mon-Fri) to book an appointment or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flu immunisation at local pharmacies
The following community pharmacies are offering free flu vaccinations to 60-64 year olds and those from higher risk groups who haven’t yet been vaccinated.
Please contact your pharmacy first as many are operating a booking service.
- Lindsay & Gilmour, 81 Main Street, Sauchie
- Lloyds Pharmacy Ltd, 55 Bridge Street, Dollar
- Well Pharmacy, 60 High Street Alloa
- Airth Pharmacy Ltd, 2 Shore Road, Airth
- Boots UK Ltd, 60 South Street, Bo’Ness
- Boots UK Ltd, 79/91 High Street, Falkirk
- Callendar Pharmacy, 171 High Street, Falkirk
- Deans Pharmacy, 63 Main Road, Maddiston
- Hallglen Pharmacy, Unit 2, Hallglen Centre, New Hallglen Road
- Lindsay & Gilmour, 16 Central Avenue, Grangemouth
- Lindsay & Gilmour, Bonnybridge Health Centre, Larbert Road
- Lindsay & Gilmour, The Toll, Bonnybridge
- Lloyds Pharmacy Ltd, 29a La Porte Precinct, Grangemouth
- Lloyds Pharmacy Ltd, 316/318 Main Street, Camelon
- Lloyds Pharmacy Ltd, 334 Thornhill Road, Falkirk
- Lloyds Pharmacy Ltd, 338 Main Street, Stenhousemuir
- Lloyds Pharmacy Ltd, 96-98 Grahams Road, Falkirk
- Lloyds Pharmacy Ltd, Hallam Road, Stenhousemuir Town Centre
- Lloyds Pharmacy Ltd, Richmond Terrace, Bo’Ness
- Right Medicine Pharmacy, 88 Main Street, Carronshore
- T Mclean & Sons Ltd, 13 King Street, Stenhousemuir
- Tesco Stores Ltd, Central Retail Park, New Grahams Road
- Well Pharmacy, 120 Kilsyth Road, Haggs
- Well Pharmacy, Unit 2, Carron Centre, Ronades Road
- A G Bannerman Ltd, 4 Anderson Street, Well Place
- A G Bannerman Ltd, 48 High Street, Dunblane
- Aberfoyle Pharmacy, Main Street, Aberfoyle
- Boots UK Ltd, 34-41 Kings Mall, Thistle Shopping Centre
- Cambusbarron Pharmacy, 4 Main Street, Cambusbarron
- Cowie Pharmacy, 32A Main Street, Cowie
- Davidsons Chemist, 10 Southview Road, Strathblane
- Davidsons Chemist, 44 Main Street, Drymen
- Davidsons Chemist, Eastmost Shop, Myrtle Grove
- Fallin Pharmacy, 8 The Square, Fallin
- Lindsay & Gilmour, 15 Bannockburn Road, St Ninians
- Lindsay & Gilmore, 5 Firs Entry, Bannockburn
- Lloyds Pharmacy Ltd, 12 Barnton Street, Stirling
- Lloyds Pharmacy Ltd, Sainsbury Store Off, Drip Road/Back O’Hill Road
- Mr C C Shimmins & Mrs A C Shimmins, 3 The Cross, Doune
- Right Medicine Pharmacy, 11 Main Street, Bannockburn
- Right Medicine Pharmacy, The Shopping Precinct, Andrew Miller Building
- Superdrug Stirling, Unit 2, Orchilview Mall, Thistle Centre, Goosecroft Road
Flu immunisation at GP practices
Patients registered with the GP practices listed should contact the practice directly for further details of how to book a flu vaccination appointment.
- Aberfoyle and Buchlyvie Medical Centre, 01877 382421/01360 850237
- Balfron Health Centre, 01360 440515
- Callander Medical Practice, 01877 331000
- Carron Medical Centre, 01324 619940
- Carronbank Medical Practice, 01324 822382
- Denny Cross Medical Practice, 01324 822330
- Doune Health Centre, 01786 841213
- Drymen Health Centre, 01360 660203
- Edenkiln Surgery, Strathblane, 01360 770340
- Killearn Health Centre, 01360 550339
- Killin Medical Practice, 01567 820213
- Kippen Surgery, 01786 870369
- Slamannan Medical Practice, 01324 851288
- Tor Medical Group, Plean, 01786 817118
- Westburn Medical Practice, 01324 623577
Further information and general enquiries
For further information on flu vaccination visit www.NHSInform.scot/flu or contact NHS Forth Valley’s flu helpline on 0800 1303120 which is open from 8.00am – 4.30pm Monday and Friday,
If you still have issues getting through please email email@example.com and a member of the team will get back to you.
Please make sure to include the following details:
- Contact telephone number (preferably mobile number so that we can send your appointment details to this number)
- CHI number (you will find this on your appointment letter)
- Date of birth
Attending your flu vaccination appointment – important information
Please arrive on time for your appointment and do not arrive early to help avoid potential queues and help maintain physical distancing. Attend on your own if you do not require assistance.
Wear loose-sleeved clothing and a face covering and use the hand gel provided. If you have any symptoms of coronavirus please contact the flu helpline to rearrange your appointment.
What if I am housebound?
If you are housebound and are known to the district nursing service, then please speak to your district nurse who will be able to arrange to vaccinate you at home.
If you are not known to the district nursing service, please contact NHS Forth Valley’s Flu immunisation team at firstname.lastname@example.org or your GP to request a home visit.