Musculoskeletal physiotherapy treatment is provided in outpatient departments and health centres across Forth Valley including Forth Valley Royal Hospital, Stirling Community Hospital and in 18 health centres.
Some common conditions seen are:
- neck and back pain
- joint pain
- muscle pain
- sports injuries or other acute injuries e.g. sprains
- after orthopaedic surgery
- after fractures
- persistent pain
How Do I Get Physiotherapy Help?
- phone the Musculoskeletal Advice and Triage Service (MATS) helpline 0800 917 9390 for self-care advice and if appropriate they may refer you on to your local physiotherapy service
- be referred by a GP
- be referred by a hospital consultant
- be referred by other health professionals.
Useful Links & Resources
|NHS Inform||Provides health information you can trust. There is a musculoskeletal zone which provides advice and videos for all common musculoskeletal problems.|
|Arthritis Research UK||A UK charity dedicated to the treatment and cure of arthritic conditions|
|Back Care||A UK charity helping people manage and prevent low back pain|
|Pain Association Scotland||Provides support and information to help deal with long term pain|
|Patient Information Leaflets||NHS Forth Valley patient information leaflets for Physiotherapy patients|
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Outpatient Enquiries
Stirling Community Hospital
Phone: 01324 673890