Musculoskeletal physiotherapy treatment is provided in outpatient departments and health centres across Forth Valley including Forth Valley Royal Hospital, Stirling Health & Care Village and in 18 health centres.
Some common conditions seen are:
- neck and back pain
- joint pain
- muscle pain
- sports injuries or other acute injuries e.g. sprains
- after orthopaedic surgery
- after fractures
- persistent pain
How Do I Get Physiotherapy Help?
- phone the Musculoskeletal Advice and Triage Service (MATS) helpline 0800 917 9390 for self-care advice and if appropriate they may refer you on to your local physiotherapy service
- be referred by a GP
- be referred by a hospital consultant
- be referred by other health professionals.
Useful Links & Resources
|NHS Inform||Provides health information you can trust. There is a musculoskeletal zone which provides advice and videos for all common musculoskeletal problems.|
|Arthritis Research UK||A UK charity dedicated to the treatment and cure of arthritic conditions|
|Back Care||A UK charity helping people manage and prevent low back pain|
|Pain Association Scotland||Provides support and information to help deal with long term pain|
|Patient Information Leaflets||NHS Forth Valley patient information leaflets for Physiotherapy patients|
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Outpatient Enquiries
Stirling Health & Care Village
Phone: 01324 673890