Our strategic vision is:
“to enable older people in Stirling and Clackmannanshire to live full and positive lives in their own homes or when this is not possible within homely settings within supportive communities.”
To deliver this vision we understand that we should:
- put older people, their carers and families at the heart of service design and development;
- take an asset based approach to service development, which recognises and respects the contribution older people make to our communities;
- recognise the importance of supporting older people’s independence by focussing on reablement, rehabilitation and recovery;
- take innovative approaches to the way that we collaborate within the Partnership for the delivery of all services, including the way that we use physical resources such as buildings; and
- communicate in a way which is accessible & understandable and allows an ongoing, dialogue, with older people and their carers.
Stirling and Clackmannanshire Partnership is committed to making sure that services and supports for older people, their carers and families are: “the right service, in the right place, at the right time,”
A period of consultation was undertaken regarding plans to reshape care for older people in Stirling and Clackmannanshire over the next 10 years. The consultation period ran from 18th March 2013 until 15 June 2013 and everyone with an interest in services for older people was invited to take part.
The consultation process provided an opportunity for any interested parties to contribute to the development of the RCOP Plan.
Although stakeholders feedback was mostly very supportive and positive of the Plan, and has reassured us that the principles of the Plan would be a welcome shift; it has also highlighted the extent of the shift that is required, and a significant gap between current and aspirational positions.