Below are local and national reports and plans that give direction to our work.
- Active Scotland Delivery Plan (Scottish Government)
- A healthier future: Scotland’s diet and healthy weight delivery plan (Scottish Government)
- A Scotland where everybody thrives (Public Health Scotland)
- Diet and Healthy Weight Monitoring Report 2020 (Scottish Government)
- Health First: Communicating about health and obesity in Scotland (Public Health Scotland)
- Changing the Childhood Obesity Conversation to Improve Children’s Health (Public Health Scotland)
- Getting it right for every child – GIRFEC (Scottish Government)
- Language Matters – Obesity (Obesity UK)
- Public Health Scotland Delivery Plan 2021 – 2024 (Public Health Scotland)
- Scotland’s Public Health Priorities (Scottish Government)
- Scottish Allied Health Professions Public Health Strategic Framework Implementation Plan 2022 – 2027 (Scottish Government)
- Standards for the delivery of tier 2 and tier 3 weight management services for children and young people in Scotland (NHS Health Scotland)
- Talking to your child about weight (University of Bath)
- The Scottish Health Survey – 2021 (Scottish Government)
Training and Online Modules
Below are details of training courses and online modules that staff and volunteers working with children and young people can access to develop their knowledge and skills around having sensitive conversations about weight with the families they are working with.
- Public Health Scotland has developed a new virtual learning hub dedicated to challenging weight stigma. The virtual learning environment provides workers and volunteers in the NHS, wider public sector, private and third sectors across Scotland with the knowledge and skills to help tackle a range of health inequalities issues.
- Can we talk about weight? – Practitioners Pack (NHS Forth Valley) – This resource offers suggestions on how to start a conversation about weight with an individual and their family.
- Training (Community Nutrition) – Online Food Safety Modules and further details of food, health and practical cooking training.
- Growth Charts and Training Resources (Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health)