Do you want to lose weight and keep it off for good? If you do, then now is the time for you to take control, eat well, get active and monitor your progress. Work your way through the webpages 1 to 5. These will support and guide you throughout your weight loss journey. These webpages are intended to be used by adults with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 25 or over. They are not suitable for children or pregnant women.
- Check out your BMI with this Healthy Weight Calculator
1. Ready to Take Control
Support as you think about losing weight for good! Tips & tools for motivation & tracking weight.
2. Eat Well, Feel Great
Why it is important to write down what you eat and drink, set yourself realistic goals & get tips on healthy eating.
3. Get Active Your Way
Find an activity that suits you and find out what’s going on in your area to help you get more active.
4. Keep Going!
Get practical tips and ideas on how to stay motivated and maintain a healthier lifestyle.
5. Focus On Your Family
A fun and whole family approach to eating well and getting fitter.
6. Choose to Lose @ Work
Workplaces can help staff achieve or maintain a healthy weight and support them to make healthier lifestyle choices.
Tips: Click on the headings above to view each subject.
Further Information (Websites)
- Lose Weight
- Weight Loss Myths
- Start Losing Weight
- 12 Tips to Help You Lose Weight
- Hidden Causes of Weight Gain
- 12 Week Weight Loss Programme – NHS Inform
- 12 Week Weight Loss Guide – NHS England
Self Monitoring Tools (pdfs)
- Self Monitoring Workbook – Full
- *NEW Video – Guide to using this workbook
- Are You Ready
- Benefits Versus Barriers
- Benefits of Weight Loss Poster
- Food and Activity Diary
- Get The Balance Right
- Making Lifestyle Changes
- My SMART Goals
- Eatwell Guide – Get the balance right
- My Achievements
- Ten Tips To Keep The Weight Off
- Weight Record Sheet