Mini Steps to Better Nutrition
Mini Steps can be used with people who are not ready to engage with all of the healthy eating message at one time. It will increase staffs confidence in delivering basic food messages step by step with individuals or groups at a pace that is right for them.
For more information and details of training email: Clare McCool or Fidelma Guest
- Mini Steps Facilitators Guide – Staff guide to support individuals and groups to eat a better diet.
- Keeping the Meal Real Resource Pack – To support practical food related sessions
Shop, Cook, Eat
- Guidelines for staff using Shop, Cook, Eat
- Shop, Cook, Eat – Recipe Booklet
- Example of a basic shopping list
What’s for dinner? Toolkit – Budgeting, meal planning and reducing food waste
- Session Plans
- Reduce food waste and save money on your shopping – Leaflet
- Available from HIRS Resource Code: NUT 99/K1 and NUT 99/K2
For details of other resources available visit our Nutrition Resources page.
Useful Links and Resources
- British Dietetic Association – Food Fact Sheets – Eat Well, Spend Less fact sheet
- Community Food and Health Scotland
- Cyrenians Good Food -A Pictorial Recipe Book
- Eat Better Feel Better
- Forth Environment Link
- NHS Choices – Budget Food Shopping, 20 Tips to eat well for less or Take the Eat4Cheap Challenge.
- Love Food Hate Waste
- British Heart Foundation – 10 Ways To Reduce Your Food Waste and How To Eat Well On A Budget