Mini Steps to Better Nutrition
The Mini Steps resource can increase staff confidence in delivering basic food messages, step by step with individuals or groups at a pace that is right for them.
For more information and details of training email: Fidelma Guest
- Mini Steps Facilitators Guide – Staff guide to support individuals and groups to eat a better diet.
- Keeping the Meal Real Resource Pack – To support practical food related sessions
Shop, Cook, Eat
This resource is a first step to develop skills in shopping, budgeting, to encourage regular eating patterns and simple cooking skills. For more information email: Fidelma Guest
- Guidelines for staff using Shop, Cook, Eat
- Shop, Cook, Eat – Recipe Booklet
- Example of a basic shopping list
What’s for dinner? Budgeting, meal planning and reducing food waste
This is a magnetic mat with pictures of foods which will give individuals confidence to plan and create meals. For more information email: Fidelma Guest
- Reduce food waste and save money on your shopping – Leaflet
- Available from HIRS Resource Code: NUT 99/K1 and NUT 99/K2
For details of other resources available visit our Nutrition Resources page.
Forth Valley Recovery Community
A pioneering app and website has been launched to help people affected by substance use in the Stirling and Clackmannanshire areas. The Forth Valley Recovers App and website offers important information to individuals, directing them to local and national support and encouraging engagement with services. The app has a range of interactive features and will help users understand the impact of drugs and/or alcohol on their health and its effects on others. It has details of where individuals and families can get free cooked meals, access local food banks and details of local Recovery Cafe’s and their opening hours.
Visit the website for further information and to download the App:
Useful Links and Resources
- British Dietetic Association – Food Fact Sheets – Eat Well, Spend Less fact sheet
- Community Food and Health Scotland
- Cyrenians Good Food -A Pictorial Recipe Book
- Eat Better Feel Better – Parent Club
- Forth Environment Link
- NHS Choices – Budget Food Shopping, 20 Tips to eat well for less or Take the Eat4Cheap Challenge.
- Love Food Hate Waste
- British Heart Foundation – 10 Ways To Reduce Your Food Waste and How To Eat Well On A Budget