Mini Steps to Better Nutrition
The Mini Steps resource can increase staff confidence in delivering basic food messages, step by step with individuals or groups at a pace that is right for them.
For more information and details of training email: Fidelma Guest
- Mini Steps Facilitators Guide – Staff guide to support individuals and groups to eat a better diet.
- Keeping the Meal Real Resource Pack – To support practical food related sessions
Shop, Cook, Eat
This resource is a first step to develop skills in shopping, budgeting, to encourage regular eating patterns and simple cooking skills. For more information email: Fidelma Guest
- Guidelines for staff using Shop, Cook, Eat
- Shop, Cook, Eat – Recipe Booklet
- Example of a basic shopping list
What’s for dinner? Toolkit – Budgeting, meal planning and reducing food waste
This is a magnetic mat with pictures of foods which will give individuals confidence to plan and create meals. For more information email: Fidelma Guest
- Session Plans
- Reduce food waste and save money on your shopping – Leaflet
- Available from HIRS Resource Code: NUT 99/K1 and NUT 99/K2
For details of other resources available visit our Nutrition Resources page.
Useful Links and Resources
- British Dietetic Association – Food Fact Sheets – Eat Well, Spend Less fact sheet
- Community Food and Health Scotland
- Cyrenians Good Food -A Pictorial Recipe Book
- Eat Better Feel Better
- Forth Environment Link
- NHS Choices – Budget Food Shopping, 20 Tips to eat well for less or Take the Eat4Cheap Challenge.
- Love Food Hate Waste
- British Heart Foundation – 10 Ways To Reduce Your Food Waste and How To Eat Well On A Budget