Barras & Bites
Download Barras & Bites to find out where Community Cafes and Fruit and Vegetable Barras are situated throughout Forth Valley.
Fruit and Vegetables Barras
There are a number of fruit and vegetable barras operating across Forth Valley. They are generally run by volunteers on a not-for-profit basis providing affordable, good quality fruit and vegetables to local communities. Many of the Fruit and Veg Barras accept Healthy Start Vouchers.
Sauchie Active 8
- Open every Wednesday from 10am until 1pm in Sauchie Hall, Mar Place, Sauchie, FK10 3EA. For more information contact the volunteers on 01259 215 972.
Tullibody Healthy Living
- Open every Thursday 9am until 3pm, 13 Tron Court, Tullibody, FK10 2PS. For more information call 01259 724 374.
- The Community Cafe is open Monday to Friday from 10am until 2pm in the Cowane Centre, 69 Cowane Street, Stirling, FK8 1JP. It provides a small selection of fruit and vegetables daily. For more information call Shelley on 01786 475 459.
Looking for more information on any of the Barras?
Contact NHS Forth Valley Community Food Development Workers:
- Peter Marriott – Clackmannanshire Healthier Lives and Forth Valley Wide. Based at Dietetic Department, Rehab Hub, Stirling Community Hospital, Livilands Gate, Stirling, FK8 2AU.
- Sonya Kaila-Tierney – Falkirk and Stirling areas. Based at Dietetic Department, Rehab Hub, Stirling Health & Care Village, Livilands Gate, Stirling, FK8 2AU.
Thinking about starting a barra in your area?
Contact your local Community Food Development Worker for support and have a look at this guidance booklet for advice and tips.