Barras & Bites
Download Barras & Bites to find out where Community Cafes and Fruit and Vegetable Barras are situated throughout Forth Valley.
Fruit and Vegetables Barras
There are a number of fruit and vegetable barras operating across Forth Valley. They are generally run by volunteers on a not-for-profit basis providing affordable, good quality fruit and vegetables to local communities. Many of the Fruit and Veg Barras accept Healthy Start Vouchers.
Sauchie Active 8
- Open every Wednesday from 10am until 1pm in Sauchie Hall, Mar Place, Sauchie, FK10 3EA. For more information contact the volunteers on 01259 215 972.
Tullibody Healthy Living
- Open every Thursday 9am until 3pm, 13 Tron Court, Tullibody, FK10 2PS. For more information call 01259 724 374.
Dawson Community Centre
- Open every Friday from 10am unitl 1pm in Dawson Community Centre, David’s Loan, Falkirk, FK2 7RG. For more information call 01324 501 470.
Cornton Community Centre / Nursery
- Open every Wednesday from 1pm until 2pm.This alternates between Cornton Nursery, Cornton Road, Stirling, FK9 5DZ and Cornton Community Centre, 37 Johnston Avenue, Stirling, FK9 5DD. For more information contact Cornton Nursey on 01786 831 582 or Pam Campbell on 01786 233 141.
Plean Opportunities Project
Open every Wednesday and Friday from 10am until 1pm in Plean Community Shop, Main Street, Plean FK7 8BS. For more information call 01786 816 412.
- Open every Friday from 9am until 11.30am in St Mark’s Church, Drip Road, Raploch, FK8 1RE. For more information call Morag on 01786 464 941.
- The Community Cafe is open Monday to Friday from 10am until 2pm in the Cowane Centre, 69 Cowane Street, Stirling, FK8 1JP. It provides a small selection of fruit and vegetables daily.For more information call Shelley on 01786 475 459.
Looking for more information on any of the Barras?
Contact NHS Forth Valley Community Food Development Workers:
- Debbie Ross, Clackmannanshire Healthier Lives 0845 673 1774 or 0788 150 2838.
- Susan Kennedy, Forth Valley Wide, 01786 434 491 or 0779 522 2456.
Thinking about starting a barra in your area?
Contact your local Community Food Development Worker for support and have a look at this guidance booklet for advice and tips.