#scrubchallenge is a fun and compulsive music and movement activity to learn the correct hand washing procedures as recommended by Health Protection Scotland and the World Health Organisation (WHO). We’ve added in some extra moves to make it more challenging and fun.
Hand hygiene is one of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of flu, norovirus and COVID-19. So let’s spread the message about hand washing!
There are two different scrubs; a simpler and a more challenging version, so everyone can have a go. Use the links below to view the scrubs and tutorial videos.
How to take part in the NHS Forth Valley #scrubchallenge
- Follow the links below to our videos for the #scrubchallenge. It’s hand washing like you’ve never seen before!
- Pick a scrub:
- Scrub 1 – easier
- Scrub 2 – trickier
- Practice and learn your chosen scrub – the tutorial videos will guide you through this.
- Film yourself or your group taking part in the #scrubchallenge whilst playing the video of the scrub to capture the music. Remember you can scrub with water and soap or hand gel.
- Nominate someone else to take part in the #scrubchallenge
- Share your scrub on Twitter
Make sure you tag @NHSForthValley and use #scrubchallenge and #handwashing and any friends that you are nominating. Be mindful that the videos may be shared beyond Forth Valley NHS.
Share the challenge! Nominate your friends and family, let’s all take part in the #scrubchallenge.
Wilson family knows the WHO hand washing moves we smashed scrub2 as part of the #scrubchallenge. We nominate @smithfamily – are you up for the challenge? Have a look at https://tinyurl.com/y44offo2 @NHSForthValley #handwashing
Participate in @NHSForthValley fun #scrubchallenge and help raise awareness of good #handwashing and contribute to reducing the spread of infectious diseases. See more at https://tinyurl.com/y44offo2 #scrubchallenge
Check out our Scouts doing a massive Zoom scrub! What moves you got? We nominate @otherscoutgroup to take on@NHSForthValley #scrubchallenge for more info see https://tinyurl.com/y44offo2
These are the links to the scrubs, thanks to Alva Dance for showing us how it’s done!
If you have any questions about taking part in the #scrubchallenge, please contact: email@example.com
See hand washing posters from Health Protection Scotland.