Public Health Methods
- The NHS Forth Valley Needs Assessment Programme (PDF 107 kb – 25 pages) – gives a systematic approach to needs assessment
- Modelling – Making Best Use of Data (PDF 250 kb – 20 slides) – discusses the range of methods for service development and improvement available to utilise available data.
- Systems Approaches and Health in Scotland (PDF – 201 kb – 29 slides) – describes a range of systems approaches currently applicable to NHS work in Scotland.
- Beginners Guide to Critical Systems Practice (CSP) (PDF 139 kb – 26 slides) – Summarises how CSP may be applied to the NHS in Forth Valley.
- Integration of frameworks methods and approaches (PDF 51 kb – 8 pages) – Considers how various methods may complement each other, or have common ground, by applying Mingers’ classification of the philosophical assumptions of management science methods.
- Towards an Information Strategy for NHS Forth Valley (PDF 34 kb – 5 pages) – Reviews the meaning and use of data, advocates the use of Checkland’s Process for Organisation Meanings Model, and recommends that stakeholder engagement is key.
- Paper for Integrated Healthcare Strategy Programme Board (PDF 44 kb – 8 pages) – Considers the factors influencing flow through a system such as in-patient provision, which may be influenced by a range of ‘push’ and ‘pull’ factors.
- Dr Oliver Harding or Tel. 01786 457 265