Celebrating Our Local & National Healthcare Finalists
The finalists for this year’s NHS Forth Valley’s local Staff Awards have been unveiled. Eighteen finalists have been selected from more than 800 nominations put forward by local staff, patients and their families.
In addition, staff in Ward 4, in the Mental Health Unit at Forth Valley Royal Hospital are also celebrating after they were selected as finalists for the Top Team Award in this year’s Scottish Health Awards.
Outstanding Care Award – for staff, services or teams who have delivered outstanding care and treatment and made a real difference to the lives of local patients and their families.
· Tarek Omeish, Mortuary Lead, Forth Valley Royal Hospital
· Chloe Jackson, Midwife, Woman and Children’s Unit, Forth Valley Royal Hospital
· Lisa Griffin, Play Leader, Children’s Ward, Forth Valley Royal Hospital
Top Team Award – for teams which deliver an excellent service by encouraging, motivating and supporting staff to work together to drive forward positive changes and improvements.
· Acute Assessment Unit, Forth Valley Royal Hospital
· Hospital @ Home Team, Forth Valley wide service
· Integrated Mental Health Service, Falkirk Community Hospital
Inspiration Award – recognises the work of individuals who are an inspiration to others, lead by example, act with integrity and professionalism at all times and are approachable and supportive to everyone they meet.
· Edward Shaw, Consultant Psychiatrist, Mental Health Access and Assessment Team, Forth Valley Royal Hospital
· Anne Todd, Clinical Research Nurse, Forth Valley Royal Hospital
· Amy Whyte, Community Mental Health Charge Nurse, Woodlands Resource Centre, Falkirk Community Hospital
Service Improvement Award – for individuals or teams who have helped to improve the quality, safety, effectiveness of local care and services.
· Clinical and Acute Assessment Units, Forth Valley Royal Hospital
· Pain Management Team, Falkirk Community Hospital
· Fiona Campbell, Speech and Language Therapist, The Manor, Falkirk
Health and Wellbeing Award – recognises the work of individuals or teams who have helped improve the health and wellbeing of local patients and communities or staff within the workplace.
· Substance Use Service team, Falkirk Community Hospital
· Tracy Binnie, Sarah Dove, Lorraine Sinclair, Lynsey Marley, CAMHS Occupational Therapists and Therapy Assistants, Stirling Health & Care Village
· Aileen Schofield, Senior Health Improvement Officer, Clackmannanshire and Stirling Health and Social Care Partnership
Better Workplace Award – for individuals who make work a better place, are always there to listen or lend a hand and make everyone feel better no matter what challenges they face.
· Pauline Macdonald, Health Records Assistant, Urgent Care Centre, Forth Valley Royal Hospital
· Shona Traynor, Microbiology Laboratory Deputy Department Manager, Forth Valley Royal Hospital
· Eilidh Gibson, Learning Disability Staff Nurse, Additional Support Team, Red Lodge, The Bungalows
The 2023 awards aim to recognise the outstanding work, care and commitment of local NHS and Serco staff and highlight the work of individuals, teams, wards and departments which have gone the extra mile to deliver great care or service. The awards were last held in 2019 as they were suspended during the Covid-19 pandemic. This year, there will also be NHS 75th Anniversary and Chairman’s Awards to recognise individuals who has made an outstanding contribution to the NHS.
NHS Forth Valley’s Interim Chief Executive, Amanda Croft, said: “These awards provide a great opportunity for patients and their families to show how much they value and appreciate the work of local NHS staff who go the extra mile every day to deliver excellent services, care and treatment.
“I’d like to thank everyone who took the time to put forward a nomination and offer my personal congratulations to all of our finalists for this year’s awards.”
The Scottish Health Awards winners will be announced on 3rd November 2023 and the winners of NHS Forth Valley’s Staff Awards will be announced at an event on Wednesday 15th November 2023.