NHS Forth Valley Staff Awards 2019
The NHS Forth Valley Staff Awards highlight the hard work, care and commitment of local NHS staff, Serco staff and volunteers across the organisation. They provide an opportunity for colleagues, patients and members of the public to say thanks and show their appreciation. Entries for this year’s awards are now closed but thanks to everyone who took the time to nominate a member of staff or volunteer.
A total of 378 nominations were received and details of the finalists are listed below. The winners will be announced at an award ceremony on Tuesday 19th November 2019.
Top Team Award
This award is for teams which deliver an excellent service and provide a supportive environment which encourages staff to work together to drive forward developments and improvements.
- Mental Health Acute Assessment &Treatment Service Team (MHAATS)
- HR Recruitment Team
- Laboratory Reception Team, Forth Valley Royal Hospital
- Children’s Speech and Language Therapy Team
This is for individuals who are an inspiration to others. They are outstanding in their role, lead by example and act with professionalism and integrity at all times. They are also approachable and supportive to colleagues and inspire them to develop and improve the services we provide.
- Norma Turvill – Extended Scope Practitioner, Back Pain Service
- Wendy Handley -Community Food Development Worker, Prison Health Services
- Douglas High, Senior Charge Nurse, Ward A11, Forth Valley Royal Hospital
Outstanding Care Award
This award gives members of staff, patients and their families the opportunity to nominate a member of staff, service or team who has delivered outstanding care and treatment.
- Lochview Nursing Team
- Professor Malcolm McLeod. Neurologist
- Neonatal Unit, Forth Valley Royal Hospital
For individuals, organisations, fundraisers or charities who work tirelessly and generously give their free time, enthusiasm and energy to help improve NHS services, facilities and support for patients, visitors and their families.
- Discharge Lounge volunteers
- Millie the therapet dog and owner Anne Thomson
- Audiology volunteers
This award recognises the innovative and ambitious work undertaken by NHS staff to improve the quality, safety, efficiency and effectiveness of patient care in NHS Forth Valley. This could include the introduction of new ways of working, the development of new treatments, the use of new technology, the completion of new research or innovative resource management that has achieved financial savings.
- Best in Class initiative (hip & knees pathway in Clackmannanshire)
- Opthalmology Team
- Outpatient Parenteral Antibiotic Therapy (OPAT) Team
- HMP Glenochil Healthcare Team
Unsung Hero Award
This is the person who does a fantastic job but whose contribution and role often goes unrecognised. Although just doing their normal day-to-day job, this individual’s drive, commitment and support makes a genuine difference to others. This is the type of person who goes the extra mile and is always happy to help others.
- Hilary Hunter, Care Home Liaison Nurse, Community Mental Health Team, Clackmannanshire Community Healthcare Centre
- Alec Souter, Porter, Forth Valley Royal Hospital
- Anne Coelho, Clerical Officer, Adult Psychology Department
- Theresa Connor, Senior Charge Nurse, Learning Disability Services
Previous Staff Awards
Photos, videos and winners from our past Staff Awards.