The Continence Advisory Service is managed from Falkirk Community Hospital and provides a service throughout Forth Valley.
Out Patients Department
Falkirk Community Hospital
- Home Delivery Order Line (for patients on NHS Forth Valley Delivery): 01324 673885
- Administrator: 01324 673882
- Home Delivery Queries: 01324 673881
- Clinical Helpline: 01324 614675
We aim to achieve the best outcomes for all people with bladder or bowel dysfunction using evidence based practice.
We promote independence and provide an equitable, effective and efficient service, affording people the opportunity to have their condition improved or cured through a holistic assessment.
We provide an adult service 16yrs + and a children’s service. We also provide a helpline for parents, carers and professionals.
The service is nurse-led and offers specialist advice to people experiencing bladder and/or bowel problems. There is the option to be assessed at home if appropriate.
Bladder and Bowel Clinics are co-ordinated from the Continence Administration Office.
Adult Clinics are held in Falkirk and Stirling.
Children Clinics are held in Falkirk, Stirling, Alloa, Callander and Balfron.
The Children’s Continence Clinical Helpline Number 01324 614675. Please leave a message and the nurse will get back to you.
Anyone can self refer to the service or a referral may be made by another Healthcare professional on your behalf.
Reasons for referral: These are varied, but may include the requirement of a full clinical assessment, support with a treatment plan, emotional support and advice on products for containment, supply of product etc.
Please contact your local clinic for guidance.
Referral to the service can be made through Health Services, Education Service or Social Work. ie GP, School Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Speech & Language etc.
- Lorraine Wright, Service Lead
- Mhairi Thomson, Adult Continence Nurse Specialist
- Margaret Keane, Adult Continence Nurse Specialist
- Caroline McAlpine, Continence Nurse Specialist for children
- Gail Davis, Clerical Officer
- Joanne Baillie, Continence Administrator
- Mhairi Lamont, Health Care Assistant