An extensive network of bus services provides good accessibility to Forth Valley Royal Hospital throughout the region. Direct bus services connect Bainsford, Bannockburn, Carron, Falkirk, Larbert, Stenhousemuir and Stirling with Forth Valley Royal Hospital every 10 minutes throughout Monday to Saturday daytimes.
A Forth Valley Royal Hospital day return ticket costing £4.50 is available on all First buses within the Falkirk Council area. The ticket allows transfers between bus services and allows return travel from any destination within the Falkirk Council Area to Forth Valley Royal Hospital via any reasonable route operated by First. Passengers must stamp the ticket at the reception desk at Forth Valley otherwise the ticket will not be valid for the return journey. For further details please click here. Please note the ticket is valid on service 19 and 59 (between Airth and Falkirk), which are not shown on the map.
Stagecoach Express X24, X26 & X27 coach services provide a direct hourly connection to Glasgow, Cumbernauld, Kincardine, Dunfermline and Halbeath Park and Ride. Further details including timetables can be found in the Clackmannanshire and West Fife Area Bus Guide
The key direct bus services serving Forth Valley Royal Hospital are:
- Service 6, 7 and 7a every 15 minutes from Falkirk, Bainsford, Carronshore, Antonshill, Stenhousemuir and Larbert Rail Station
- Service 6 every 60 minutes from Dunipace, Denny and Bonnybridge.
- Service X38 every 20 minutes from Stirling, Falkirk, Bannockburn, Plean, Camelon, Edinburgh, Linlithgow and Polmont
- Service 59 every 60 minutes from Callander, Stirling, Fallin, Throsk, Airth, Letham, Carronshore, Stenhousemuir, Larbert Rail Station, Larbert, Camelon and Falkirk.
- Service 60 every 60 minutes from Clackmannan, Alloa and Tullibody.
- Service H1 & H2 every 60 minutes from Alloa & Clackmannan (every 120 minutes from Hillfoots).
- Service X24, X26 & X27 every 60 minutes from Glasgow, Cumbernauld, Kincardine, Dunfermline and Halbeath P&R.
Note that frequencies shown are the average frequency provided from approximately 0800-1800hrs on Monday to Saturday daytimes. Buses generally operate at lower frequencies during Evenings and Sundays. Please check timetables for full details.
National concessionary travel scheme for older and disabled people travel cards can be also be used on all services.
For further information please ask the driver, phone Traveline Scotland (journey details only) on 0871 200 22 33 or visit the following websites:
Bus Guides & Timetables
If you, or someone you know, would like the timetables in an alternative format, such as audiotape or large print then please email us at FV-UHB.YourHealthService@nhs.net. You can have these documents translated into your own language free of charge by contacting intrepreting services on 0845 130 1170.
Forth Valley Royal Hospital
Phone: 01324 566 000 (Switchboard)