Patients with a cleft lip, cleft palate or cleft lip and palate in Scotland follow a nationally agreed pathway of care.
Clinicians from different Specialties work together to provide treatment and patients will likely see clinicians from some or all of the Specialties below during their care pathway:
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Clinical Psychologists
- Cleft Surgeons
- Paediatric Dentists
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
Cleft Surgery in Scotland is usually carried out in Glasgow. In addition NHS Forth Valley has its own Multi-disciplinary Cleft Team where patients can see other members of the Cleft team locally. Clinics are usually held in Forth Valley Royal Hospital a number of times a year. At these clinics patients will see clinicians from a number of different Specialities, on the same day, to reduce the number of appointments. Patients are invited to attend these clinics at key points along their care pathway.
Members of the Cleft Team that patients are likely to meet at the Forth Valley Cleft clinic are:
- Louise Greene, Consultant Orthodontist, Forth Valley Royal Hospital
- Craig Dunbar, Consultant Orthodontist, Forth Valley Royal Hospital
- Lisa Crampin, Specialist Speech and Language Therapist
- Linsay Campbell, Specialist Speech and Language Therapist
- Karen Britton, Senior Dental Officer, Forth Valley Royal Hospital
- Jennifer Szuster, Senior Dental Officer, Forth Valley Royal Hospital
- Toby Gillgrass, Consultant Cleft Orthodontist
- Dr Rebecca Crawford, Consultant Clinical Psychologist
Patients with a query about an appointment on the Forth Valley Cleft clinic can contact the Orthodontic department on 01324 566437.