Welcome to Community Nutrition
The Public Health Nutrition Team at NHS Forth Valley work with a wide range of partners and stakeholders from voluntary organisations, community groups, local authority and NHS Sectors, as well as liaising closely with our colleagues from the oral health and health promotion teams.
We aim to ensure that staff, volunteers and communities have access to the knowledge, skills and resources needed to enable others to eat well and develop a healthy relationship with food.
We provide funding, training, practical resources and advisory support to staff and volunteers who can act on addressing food issues. Our main areas of work are settings (early years, education, prisons, workplaces and NHS), communities (food poverty and skills development) and campaigns. We believe in starting young and working with the groups with the greatest health needs.
Public Health Nutrition Team
(Formerly known as Nutrition and Dietetic Health Improvement Team)
Read more about our work:
- Public Health Nutrition Team – Annual Report 2021 – 2022
Find out more about our teams nutrition agenda, who we work with and our main work strands:
- A Thriving Forth Valley: NHS Forth Valley Health Improvement Strategy 2017 – 2021
- A Scotland Where Everybody Thrives – Public Health Scotland, Strategic Plan 2020 – 2023
- Public Health Scotland Delivery Plan (2021 – 2024)
- The Scottish Health Survey 2021 – Summary – Published by Scottish Government, Nov 2022.
- A Healthier Future – Scotland’s Diet & Healthy Weight Delivery Plan – Scottish Government, July 2018
- Scotland’s Public Health Priorities – Scottish Government, June 2018
- Situation Report: The Scottish Diet: It needs to change – Food Standards Scotland, Update 2018
Please get in touch if you have any questions or if you’d like any further information on our work and services within the community – resources, training, campaigns, grants etc.
Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.