Winter 2023 Covid-19 & Flu Vaccinations
Flu and Covid-19 vaccines are being offered to those eligible between September and December 2023. It’s strongly recommended you get vaccinated if you’re eligible this winter.
Find out if you’re eligible for any vaccines this winter with this handy self-help guide at nhsinform.scot/wintervaccines.
Flu Vaccination Only
Aged 50 to 64 (no underlying health condition)
Those aged 50 to 64 with no underlying health condition, have been contacted by their preferred communication choice, to book their flu vaccine appointment. Please arrange your appointment at nhsinform.scot/wintervaccines or by calling 0800 030 8013.
Primary & Secondary School Pupils
All primary and secondary school pupils are eligible for the flu vaccine and are being vaccinated by NHS Forth Valley vaccination staff in school. Consent packs containing a letter, leaflet and consent form have been sent home to parents/carers. Please ensure these are returned to school as soon as possible. The School Flu Vaccination programme run until December 2023.
If you think your child has missed their flu vaccine at school, please contact our local vaccination team on 0800 130 3120.
Children aged 2-5 years, not yet at school (children must be aged 2 years or above on 1 September 2023)
Flu vaccination clinics for those aged 2-5 years began on the 4th September in a number of locations across NHS Forth Valley. Please attend the appointment you’ve been given or make or rearrange your appointment as soon as possible by contacting our local vaccination service on 0800 130 3120. More information is available here.
Primary, Secondary, and Nursery teachers and pupil-facing support staff
If you work in a school you may be offered the vaccine when the Forth Valley vaccination teams are in local schools to vaccinate pupils. Alternatively you can be book your flu vaccine appointment here nhsinform.scot/wintervaccines or attend a number of local pharmacies – further details are available below.
If you work in a prison you will be offered the vaccine through work. Alternatively you can be book your flu vaccine appointment here nhsinform.scot/wintervaccines or attend a local participating pharmacy – further details are available below.
Flu & Covid-19 Vaccinations
Both flu and Covid-19 vaccines are being offered to people most vulnerable to illness and, where possible, administered at the same time. Clinical advice and evidence shows that administration of both vaccines together is a safe and efficient way to deliver maximum protection.
Aged 65 and over
If you’re aged 65 or over you should have been contacted by NHS Scotland with an invite or a prompt to book an appointment for your flu and Covid-19 vaccines. Please attend your appointment or visit nhsinform.scot/wintervaccines to reschedule or book your appointment. You can also call the national helpline on 0800 030 8013.
Aged 16 to 64 years of age who are at higher clinical risk from Covid-19 and flu
You should have been contacted by NHS Scotland with an invite or a prompt to book an appointment for your flu and Covid-19 vaccines. Please attend your appointment or visit nhsinform.scot/wintervaccines to reschedule or book your appointment to ensure your protection doesn’t fade. You can also call the national helpline on 0800 030 8013.
The Covid-19 Vaccination bus will be heading to a number of different locations next week. Those aged 18 and over and eligible the COVID-19 and/or the flu vaccine this winter including Health & Social Care workers can pop along – no appointment needed.
Monday 11th December
- Tullibody Civic Centre, Abercromby Place, Tullibody, FK10 2RU – 9.30am – 11.45am
- Tesco Carpark, Auld Brig Road, Alloa, FK 10 1EG – 12.45pm – 3.30pm
Tuesday 12th December
- Lidl Carpark, Ronades Road, Falkirk, FK2 7TA: 9.00am – 11.45am
- Tesco Carpark, Glasgow Road, Camelon, FK1 4JB: 12.45pm – 3.30pm
Wednesday 13th December
- Fallin (near Fallin Primary School), Lamont Crescent, Fallin, FK7 7EJ: 9.45am – 12.00pm
- Albert Halls Carpark, Dumbarton Road, Stirling, FK8 2QL: 1.00pm – 3.30pm
Children under 16 who are at higher clinical risk from Covid-19 and flu
Invitations/prompts to book an appointment have been sent by NHS Scotland to those aged 16 and under. Please attend your appointment or contact our local vaccination team on 0800 130 3120 to reschedule or book your appointment.
If your child is between 5 and 11 years old who have received an invitation letter for a Covid-19 vaccine this winter, can now attend a drop in session from our main vaccination hubs at Falkirk Community Hospital, Stirling Health & Care Village and Clackmannanshire Community Healthcare Centre. The drop in sessions run from 10am to 4pm on Saturday 9th of December only.
Carers aged 16-64
Unpaid carers aged 16-64 are eligible for both the flu and Covid-19 vaccines. You can find more information and book an appointment at nhsinform.scot/wintervaccines.
Household contacts of those with a weakened immune system
Those aged 12 to 64 who are a household contact of someone with a weakened immune system are eligible for both the flu and Covid-19 vaccines. You can find more information and book an appointment at nhsinform.scot/wintervaccines.
If you are Pregnant
Flu & Covid-19 vaccinations are currently being offered to all pregnant women across Scotland as part of the Winter vaccination programme. You will be offered these at your booking scan appointment or any other antenatal clinic appointments at Forth Valley Royal Hospital you attend. Alternatively, you can book an appointment at a vaccination hub via the national booking portal or by calling the national vaccination helpline on 0800 030 8013.
You can also contact one of a number of local pharmacies across Forth Valley who are providing winter vaccinations (details of participating pharmacies are listed below).
Health & Social Care Staff
Please visit here for information.
Attend a Local Pharmacy
A number of local pharmacies are offering Coivd-19 and flu vaccinations to those who are eligible. A full list of pharmacies is available below.
You can find your local pharmacy here.
Please contact the pharmacy directly to arrange an appointment.
- The Central Pharmacy 20 Tron Court, Tullibody, FK10 2PS (01259 722851)
- Right Medicine, 55 Bridge Street, Dollar, FK14 7DA (01259 742536)
- Well 60 High Street, Alloa, FK10 1JD (01259 218039)
- Airth Pharmacy 2 Shore Road, Airth, FK2 8LH (01324 831063)
- Brightons Pharmacy Pretoria Place, Brightons FK2 0UF (01324 712526)
- Callendar Pharmacy 316-318 Main Street, Camelon FK1 4EG (01324 624491)
- Callendar Pharmacy 334 Thornhill Road, Falkirk FK2 7DZ (01324 623688)
- Callendar Pharmacy 171 High Street, Falkirk, FK1 1DU (01324 228433)
- Deans Pharmacy 63 Main Road, Maddiston, FK2 0ZL (01324 716555)
- Denny Pharmacy 1 Stirling Street, Denny FK6 6EL (01324 357760)
- Howard Pharmacy 29 La Precinct, Grangemouth FK3 8AS (01324 482008)
- Larbert Pharmacy 94 Main Street Larbert FK5 3AS (01324 557596)
- Lindsay & Gilmour The Toll, 1 High Street Road, Bonnybridge FK4 1BX (01324 812332)
- Pine Pharmacy 5 Fleming Court Denny FK6 5HB (0324 824044)
- Ren Pharmacy 334a-338 Main Street, Stenhousemuir FK5 3JR (01324 554135)
- Right Medicine Main Street, Carronshore FK2 8EY (01324 555544)
- Shieldhill Pharmacy Crossbrae, Shieldhill, FK1 2EQ (01324 624754)
- Stenhousemuir Pharmacy 13 King Street, Stenhousemuir (01324 553323)
- Well 120 Kilsyth Road, Haggs, Bonnybridge, FK4 1HP (01324 841646)
- Well New Carron Village, 1 Ronades Road, Falkirk, FK2 7RR (01324 612439)
- Aberfoyle Pharmacy Main Street, Aberfoyle, FK8 3UG (01877 389127)
- Balfron Pharmacy 67 Buchanan Street, Balfron, G63 0TW (01360 440430)
- Cambusbarron Pharmacy 10 Main Street, Cambusbarron, FK7 9NW (01786 479079)
- Davidsons Chemists 10 Southview Road, Strathblane, G63 9JQ (01360 770731)
- Davidsons Chemists 4 Anderson Street, Dunblane, FK15 9AJ (01786 822030)
- Davidsons Chemists 44 Main Street, Drymen, G63 0BQ (01360 661285)
- Davidsons Chemists Eastmost Shop, Myrtle Grove, Killin, FK21 8UX (01567 829006)
- Killearn Pharmacy 13 Balfron Road, Killearn, G63 9NN (01360 550242)
- Lindsay & Gilmour Pharmacy 15 Bannockburn Road, St. Ninians, FK7 0PB (01786 472810)
- Lindsay & Gilmour Pharmacy 81 Main Street, Sauchie, FK10 3JT (01256 723155)
- M. Farren 45 Main Street, Callander, FK17 8DX (01877 330 132)
- Plean Pharmacy Braefoot, Main Street, Plean FK7 8BS (01786 817123)
- Right Medicine Pharmacy 32a Main Street, Cowie, FK7 7BL (01786 813304)
- Right Medicine Pharmacy Andrew Miller Building, University, Stirling, FK9 4LF (01786 463303)
- Right Medicine, 37 Henderson Street, Bridge of Allan FK9 4HN (01786 832311)
- Woodside Pharmacy 3 The Cross, Doune, FK16 6BQ (01786 841216)
To check eligibility, help with booking appointments/ alternative formats and for more information visit nhsinform.scot/wintervaccines
Please wear loose-fitting clothes to allow staff to administer the vaccine to your upper arm and attend on your own, where possible.