If you have a minor injury please Call MIA – our Minor Injuries Assessment service.
You will be offered a video consultation so you can quickly access clinical advice or given an appointment in either Stirling or Larbert.
To arrange a Call MIA video consultation for minor injuries or to get advice for other urgent health issues which are not life-threatening please call NHS 24 day or night on 111.
What happens during a Call MIA video consultation?
You will need to use a device such as a smartphone, tablet or computer with a webcam. At the time of your appointment, simply click on the link provided which will open a live secure chat. An experienced local healthcare professional will then ask you questions, perhaps look at the injury and advise you on the next steps. These may be:
- Advice on how to look after the injury at home
- An appointment to attend a Minor Injuries Service in either Stirling or Larbert either same day or next day
- Advice and treatment from other local health services such as a pharmacy or optician
The Minor Injuries Unit at Striling Health and Care Village provides treatment for a wide range of minor cuts, burns and suspected broken bones and is open 9am – 9pm , 7 days a week (including public holidays).
Injuries that ARE suitable
- Strains, sprains and suspected broken bones
- Infected wounds
- Minor burns
- Cuts and grazes
- Minor eye and ear injuries
Patients NOT suitable
- Those who need emergency care (e.g. for chest pain, loss of consciousness or severe bleeding)
- Injuries from more than two weeks ago
- Patients who are seeking a second opinion
- Children under the age of one
Current Waiting Times
These are the current estimated wait times for urgent treatment in the Minor Injuries Unit at Stirling Health & Care Village and the Emergency Department at Forth Valley Royal Hospital.
Please remember patients are treated according to the seriousness of their condition so you may see people who arrived after you being treated before you.
Minor Injuries Unit (Stirling)
The Minor Injuries Unit is open 9am-9pm for minor injuries only. Get directions.
Emergency Department (Larbert)
The Minor Injuries Unit is located in the GP & Minor Injuries Centre at Stirling Health & Care Village, Livilands Gate, Stirling, FK8 2AU.
Patient parking and drop off points are provided at the rear of the GP & Minor Injuries Centre building.