The helpline is operated by the Musculoskeletal Advice and Triage Service (MATS) and is provided by fully trained call operators, nurses and physiotherapists. If you are aged 16 or over and are registered with a GP in the Forth Valley area you can use this service.
- Call MATS: 0800 917 9390
- Visit: nhsinform.scot/msk for online help and advice or download the NHS 24 MSK Help app.
This service can help by:
- finding out if you need to see a doctor
- providing key information and advice to help with your problem
- referring you to a healthcare professional if you need it – this could be a physiotherapist, podiatrist or other MSK specialist
- arrange home visits – this should be arranged by your doctor
- book and manage your physiotherapy appointments
Did You Know?
Many MSK problems will settle with self-care and often you do not need to see a healthcare professional.