Neurology deals with the nervous system including the Brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and muscles.
- Kay Mair – Parkinson’s Disease Specialist Nurse
- Madeleine Steele – MS Specialist Nurse
- Yvette Gordon – MS Support Nurse
- Darren Wilkinson – Epilepsy Specialist Nurse
- David Thomson – Generic Neurology Nurse
- Laura Marshall – MND Specialist Nurse
- Diane Slater – Generic Neurology Nurse
- Magnus Corkish – Generic Neurology Nurse
- Professor Malcolm MacLeod (Clinical Lead)
- Dr Christian Neumann
- Dr Suvankar Pal
- Dr Katy Murray
- Dr Kristina Ranikmae
The department runs general neurology clinics in Forth Valley Royal hospital and some specialist clinics. The following specialist clinics are held:
- TIA/Stroke – Prof Malcolm McLeod
- Multiple Sclerosis – Dr Christian Neumann
- Parkinson’s Disease – Dr Suvabker Pal (for young onset) or Ageing & Health consultants
- Motor Neuron Disease – Dr Suvankar Pal
- Epilepsy – Neurologists
- Huntington’s Disease – Dr Christian Neumann
These clinics are on the Forth Valley Royal Hospital site. The Consultants also see patients in the wards if the medical team looking after you, feel this is appropriate.
Some of the specialist nurses run nurse led clinics in the community hospitals. They also provide phone advice if you have been referred to their service.
Referrals are by GP or another Consultant only.
Phone contact is via switchboard or 01324 566000.
More information on neurological conditions can be sourced at: