Social Wellbeing is a measure of your interpersonal relationships.
Within the workplace, this relates to your sense of belonging, social inclusion and social stability within your teams. It’s about the way we communicate with one another, how we connect with our colleagues and how we feel valued at work.
Information and Resources
Positive News – A digital and print magazine which focuses on current affairs. (To access the subscription, visit here, select “Library Card”, then Enter the 6 digit login code for Forth Valley: 076272.)
Social Wellness: Overall Health (Kadalyst) – A short video explaining how social wellness affects overall health.
Authenticity at Work
The benefits of authenticity at work (Champion Health) – Dr Vikki Barnes talks Authenticity at Work and why it is important.
Your Friends and Your Social Wellbeing
Your Friends and Your Social Well-Being (Gallup) – Why close friendships are vital to health, happiness, and even workplace productivity
Trade Unions and Professional Bodies
Many Trade Unions and Professional Bodies are offering additional support resources and services at this time. Contact them to find out – what is available.
- Royal College of Nursing – 0345 772 6100
- Royal College of Midwives – 0300 303 0444
- Unite the Union – contact for Forth Valley is Sandy Smart, Regional Officer – 01315569676/07810157927
- UNISON – firstname.lastname@example.org
- British Dietetic Association – 0121 200 8080
- Royal College of Nursing – Hilary Nelson – 07790930470
- UNISON – email@example.com, 01324567239
- British and Irish Orthoptic Society – Laura McCartney (Orthoptic Department, Falkirk Community Hospital)
- Society of Radiographers – firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMB – email@example.com, 07554737972
- Creating a sub-group of the Staff Support and Wellbeing Programme Group dedicated to looking at ways to improve social wellbeing across the organisation;
- Looking to create guidance and support, including access to the endowment fund, to help groups within the organisation to get up and running;
- Creating groups such as the Minority Ethnic Network and Equality and Diversity Network across the organisation to help promote and support equality and diversity across the organisation;
- Creating additional training, support and development opportunities across the organisation, some specifically aimed at communication and social wellbeing;
- Following on from the work of the Staff Conference to adopt a Compassionate Leadership approach across the organisation.