The Health Improvement Resource Service (HIRS)
HIRS provides people who work in the Forth Valley area with access to an extensive range of health improvement resources and information in a range of formats.
Please come along to a Look ‘n’ Book session where our trained team will be happy to show you the range of resources available to you.
Our services include:
- Borrowable resources which include banners, books, models, games, teaching kits and DVDs on a range of health promotion topics.
- Access to a range of free leaflets and posters to support health promotion activities.
- Free condoms, femidoms, dams and lubricant to support you to promote sexual health & wellbeing.
- Access to trained staff, who can support you to find the best resources available to you.
- Health Improvement information searches.
Bookings and Orders
Once registered, bookings and orders can be made by logging on to the Scottish Health Library Catalogue or by contacting HIRS staff or visiting the library directly.
We encourage users to make use of the online booking system (SHELCAT) as it provides excellent search facilities for our own collections and other libraries across Scotland.
To get you started, refer to the online ‘Help’ button on the Shelcat website to learn how to search and order information.
Visit our Look ‘n’ Book sessions to view the resources available and to discuss your health information needs.
Look ‘n’Book Sessions
1.30 p.m. – 4.30 p.m.
Wednesday and Thursday
9.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.
Outwith Look ‘n’ Book you can make an appointment by contacting HIRS staff directly.
Health Improvement Resource Service (HIRS)
Health Promotion Service
NHS Forth Valley
Central Supplies Department
Unit 2, Colquhoun Street
Email: FV-UHB.HIRS-group-mailbox @nhs.net
Phone: 01786 433867
Free parking is available.