The Allied Health Professions (AHP) Rehab Care Group provides a coordinated assessment and rehabilitation service for the adult population of Forth Valley. Our AHP professions include Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Dieticians and Therapy Assistant Practitioners. It covers a range of community services including community hospitals and the Stirling Health & Care Village. Services are delivered locally where possible, working to meet the needs of patients of varying complexity with access to the expertise of Forth Valley wide specialist teams where appropriate.
The Care Group includes
- ReACH North, covering the Stirling, Rural and Clackmannanshire localities
- ReACH Falkirk, covering all Falkirk localities
- Specialist ReACH Forth Valley Team
- Community hospitals teams
- Spasticity management service
- Adult Speech and Language Therapy which is Forth Valley wide (link to SLT webpage)
Teams work in a range of settings, including people’s homes, clinics, care homes and inpatient settings where appropriate.
A Single Point of Referral (SPR) exists for anyone who needs to request assistance from the ReACH teams, or for spasticity management.
Teams work collaboratively with service users and others, e.g. families, carers and Social Work, towards discharge and self management at the earliest possible opportunity. An essential part of therapy intervention is working towards an agreed set of patient-centred goals. These will often relate to
- supporting individuals to manage their own conditions, enabling them to remain well at home where possible
- managing safety
- maximising functional independence
- restoration of function and quality of life to optimum levels
- preventing unnecessary hospital admissions and facilitating safe and early discharge from an inpatient setting
When to request assistance from the Rehab Care group
Flowchart – when to request assistance from RCG and signposting on (to be developed)
Contact information for the Rehab Care Group
- All referrals and requests for assistance from Speech and Language Therapy to,
Therapy Area, FVRH, FK5 4WR (01324) 566591 or email FV.SLT-Referrals-Requests@nhs.scot
- All referrals and requests for assistance from ReACH services to,
- Enquiries to ReACH North, (01786) 434157
- Enquiries to ReACH Falkirk, (01324) 673888
- Enquiries to ReACH Forth Valley, (01324) 673737
- All enquiries for AHP services within Community Hospitals to:
- AHP office Stirling Health & Care Village, (01786 434435)
- AHP office CCHC, (01259 290311)
- AHP office Falkirk Community Hospital, (01324 616073)
Further information about Rehab Care Group services
- Physiotherapy MSK Hub
- Occupational Therapy
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Speech and Language Therapy
Giving Feedback and Raising Concerns
The AHP Rehab Care Group aims to deliver a high standard of service, and we are always looking for ways to improve.
Comments, issues or concerns should be shared with individual therapists in the first instance. If you would like to submit feedback or comments please use our Feedback Form.