Where can I get help and support for a drug or alcohol problem?
- Change Grow Live – Forth Valley Recovery Service – help and advice for yourself or a friend or family member – 0808 196 2188
- Forth Valley Family Support Service – 0808 010 1011
- Know the Score – 0800 587 5879
Forth Valley Recovery Cafes
Come along to one of our Forth Valley Recovery Community recovery cafes. Recovery Cafe’s are drug and alcohol free environments where you can come for recovery support in an informal setting.
Our cafes are open seven days per week throughout Forth Valley. Have a cup of tea or coffee, enjoy some home baking or excellent food cooked by our recovery volunteers. Learn how to play an instrument or get fit! We have a variety of options available for all abilities and desires.
Find Local Recovery Cafes
Find your nearest Recovery Cafe using our Service Finder.
Where can I find further information and advice?
- Count 14 – use the online calculator to help spread out your alcohol intake over a week.
- NHS Inform – Alcohol help & support – information on drinking sensibly, knowing your limits and getting support for alcohol abuse.
- NHS Inform – Support for people affected by drugs – know more about the substances you’re taking and how to get support.
- Forth Valley Alcohol and Drug Partnership (FVADP) – details of local support, information and resources.
- The Scottish Drug Services Directory – online directory to help people access contact information and details for over 200 agencies in Scotland who can help with drug treatment and care.
- Know the Score – Know the highs, know the lows, know the risks.
- The Scottish Drugs Forum produce a comprehensive printed guide to drugs called Drugfax – this publication is available on request and is chargeable.
- Public Health Scotland is a national health board working with public, private and third sectors to reduce health inequalities and improve health.
- The Forth Valley Alcohol and Drug Partnership produce a range of information and resources.
Social Influence Programme
The Social Influence Programme (secondary schools) is an evidence based prevention and early intervention programme to reduce multiple risk behaviours and promote health and wellbeing.
Watch the videos below about the programme.