Workplace Safety, Health & Wellbeing
Our key objective is to work with employers and employees and encourage them to work together in order to create and sustain a safe and healthy workforce. A healthier workforce really does make for a healthier business and our team will work with local employers to support them to develop a safe and healthy work environment for employees.
Employees can spend up to 60% of their lives at work therefore the workplace is an important place to support safety, health and wellbeing.
Find out more from our recent Activity Report. (To access the PDFs in this document, please get in touch with the team directly).
Training, Support & Local Resources
We offer workplaces free:
- Support and advice with employee health and wellbeing,
- Workplace health initiatives and campaigns.
- Support with staff health and wellbeing policy development.
- The opportunity to register for the Healthy Working Lives Award: a structured staff health and wellbeing programme.
- Various health and safety & health promotion training opportunities.
- Workplace Smoking Cessation Sessions to help employees quit smoking.
To keep up to date with workplace training, initiatives, campaigns being delivered locally, please register your email address at the following link HWL.
- Healthy Working Lives Bulletin August 2019
- Healthy Working Lives Bulletin March 2019
- Healthy Working Lives Bulletin November 2018
- Healthy Working Lives Bulletin April 2018
- Healthy Working Lives Bulletin January 2018
- Healthy Working Lives Bulletin October 2017
- Healthy Working Lives Bulletin July 2017
- Healthy Working Lives Bulletin April 2017
- Healthy Working Lives Bulletin October 2016
- Fit for work service
- Working Health Services
- Healthy Working Lives
- The Health and Safety Executive
- Scottish Road Safety Alliance
- The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
- Paths for All
- SUSTRANS (for cycle friendly employee schemes)
Get In Touch
To arrange a workplace visit or to discuss a bespoke training or health event please contact one of Forth Valley’s local advisers by completing the contact form.
You can access telephone advice on a range of workplace safety and health related topics by contacting the National Advice Line: 0800 019 2211 or by visit in the National Healthy Working Lives webpage.