Workplace Safety, Health & Wellbeing
Our key objective is to work with employers and employees and encourage them to work together in order to create and sustain a safe and healthy workforce. A healthier workforce really does make for a healthier business and our team will work with local employers to support them to develop a safe and healthy work environment for employees.
Employees can spend up to 60% of their lives at work therefore the workplace is an important place to support safety, health and wellbeing.
Training, Support & Local Resources
We offer workplaces free:
- Support and advice with employee health and wellbeing,
- Workplace health initiatives and campaigns.
- Support with staff health and wellbeing policy development.
- The opportunity to register for the Healthy Working Lives Award: a structured staff health and wellbeing programme. Any new registrations will be held on file until April 2022.
- Various health promotion training opportunities.
- Workplace Smoking Cessation Sessions to help employees quit smoking. Please phone 01786 433293.
To keep up to date with workplace training, initiatives, campaigns being delivered locally, please register your email address at the following link HWL.
- Healthy Working Lives Bulletin July 2021
- Healthy Working Lives Bulletin August 2019
- Healthy Working Lives Bulletin March 2019
- Cycle to Work Day 2021
- Fit for work service
- Working Health Services
- Healthy Working Lives
- The Health and Safety Executive
- Scottish Road Safety Alliance
- The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
- Paths for All
- SUSTRANS (for cycle friendly employee schemes)
Get In Touch
You can access a range of workplace safety and health related topics including C19 information, risk assessment and return to work toolkit by visiting the National Healthy Working Lives website.