We work with third sector, local authority and NHS partners taking a partnership working approach to build capacity in a range of organisations to enable them to positively influence the sexual health of the people they provide services for.
We use various techniques such as providing information, staff training and development, conducting research and needs assessment or developing staff policy and guidance.
Our work is aligned to meet the outcomes of the National Strategy for Sexual Health and Blood Borne Viruses and The Pregnancy, Parenthood and Young People Strategy:
- Providing Free Condoms to those who most need them
- Facilitating Learning and Education for Staff
- Public Information and Communication
- Supporting Relationships, Sexual Health and Parenthood Education in schools and early years establishments
- Meeting the needs of Looked After Young People
- Meeting the needs of Young people in informal settings
- Providing Parents and Carers with support on communicating with children about growing up
- Providing positive sexual health for men who have sex with men
- HIV Prevention for Black Africans
- Challenging stigma faced by people living with HIV
- Supporting People with learning disabilities to experience positive relationships
Check out centralsexualhealth.org website for information about clinics, and other sexual health information and advice.